While we believe everyone should be confident in their skin, many people feel they need a little work done in order to acquire the confident, radiant smile they desire. But where do you start if you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist? First, it’s important to do your homework. If you’re looking to have a cosmetic dental procedure, here are a few important factors to consider:
Dentists often have certain specialties they are known for, so find out what services the dentists in your area offer. Make sure you know the name(s) of the procedure you want to be done prior to starting your research.
Ask if the cosmetic dentist is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, which requires adherence to rigorous study, ethical standards, and examination to qualify as an accredited member. If the answer is “no”, keep shopping.
While your cosmetic dentist doesn’t need to be right near your home, it is important to find a location that is convenient to get to, as you may be going there regularly for a while with consultations, procedure(s), and check-ups.
It’s also important to have an interview a prospective cosmetic dentist and ask the right questions, like, how much experience do you have with this procedure? Find out the level of cosmetic dentistry experience for each cosmetic dentist you consider before setting up a consultation appointment. You may want to ask if the dentist is skilled in providing full mouth reconstruction, or if he/she refers patients to another specialist if such treatments are needed.
Other criteria for determining if a cosmetic dentist is the right one for you include:
- How long has the dentist been practicing?
- Are the results shown in before and after photos of previous patients to your liking? Are the photos of actual patients that the dentist has treated?
- How extensive is the dentist’s practice? Does he/she offer study models, imaging technology and/or bonding previews when recommending and demonstrating procedure options?
- What technologies (i.e. lasers, caries detection devices, CAD/CAM restoration, intraoral imaging, etc.) are used in the practice that may help serve your needs?
- What patient comforts are provided through the practice, i.e., warm neck wrap, music, and cushy chairs? Some dentists even offer spa services and sedation to make the treatment process a more relaxing and anxiety-free experience.
- What emergency provisions are in place? Does the dentist or a staff member provide the emergency service?
- Is communication over the phone or in person?
Once you consider these factors and ask the right questions, you will be able to choose your dentist and schedule an appointment.
People end up choosing their cosmetic dentists for a variety of reasons. Schaumburg Dental Studio is the natural choice for many Chicagoland residents, especially in Hoffman Estates, as it is right next door, offering the high-quality services residents are accustomed to receiving.
Schaumburg Dental Studio offers an array of services, including dentures, Lumineers, Zoom whitening, teeth whitening, dental implants, porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, porcelain bridges, porcelain inlays/onlays, and composite fillings.
Whatever cosmetic service you need, feel free to set up a consultation and see what Schaumburg Dental Studio has to offer.