Getting a dental implant is a time-consuming procedure that requires quite a bit of healing time between appointments. With traditional dentistry, implant patients could require upwards of 4 or 5 appointments over the course of up to a year to complete this procedure.
Luckily, Schaumburg Dental Studio has found a way to drastically reduce the time it takes to receive a dental implant. Introducing Same Day Dental Implants. Unfortunately, it is impossible to complete an implant procedure in a single visit due to the required healing time. However, using our Same Day dentistry technology, we can guarantee your dental implant will only take two appointments.
Dental Implant Phase One
- First, your mouth will be thoroughly numbed with local anesthesia and an incision in the gums is created where the implant will sit to expose the bone underneath.
- Then, a specialized drill will create a space for the implant within the bone. The implant is placed within the mouth and a second component will be screwed on top to assist with the healing process.
- The gums are then closed over the implant and, as the mouth heals over the next few months, the implant will become securely attached to the bone.
Dental Implant Phase Two
- The second phase starts with the re-exposure of the implant using another small incision. A small extension is placed on the implant; this extension is what the lab will use to fit your new crown.
- Here’s where we differ from traditional dentistry.
- At SDS, we offer Same Day Dentistry Crowns meaning you are guaranteed to leave our office after your second visit with a perfect new tooth.
Same Day Implant Crowns: The Difference
- There are no dental impressions.
At Schaumburg Dental Studio, we use advanced Sirona Connect technology to take a digital image of your teeth that is more accurate and less uncomfortable than those trays filled with goo.
- No temporary fixtures
Because we complete the procedure in one day, there is no need for uncomfortable temporary fixtures while you wait for the fabrication lab to create your crown.
- Better fitting implants.
Thanks to our CEREC and Sirona technologies, we can provide our patients with faster, accurate and comfortable crowns.
- In-house crowns.
Making the crowns in-house means quick edits can be made, making sure you leave our office with a dazzling, comfortable smile.
If you are in need of a dental implant and would like more information on SDS’s Same Day Dentistry service, visit our page or call (847) 348-8673 to schedule your appointment today. We proudly serve Schaumburg IL, Hanover Park, Roselle, Rolling Meadows, Streamwood, Palatine, Arlington Heights, Elk Grove Village and Bartlett.